Born 24 th of October 1926 in Zvolen.
Painter, graphic artist, typographer
And creator of sound realizations.
Studied at the School of Applied Arts in Brno (1942 – 1943) and at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague (1945 – 1950; Emil Filla). Has exhibited as part of a group since 1958, and on his own since 1959. Since the year 1991 is a member of the Association of Visual Artists Mánes and the art group Jiná geometrie (Another Geometry). Over the years 1961 – 1989 created one hundred-seventy-five film posters.
Award winning film posters: 1980 Silver Hugo at the International Film Festival Chicago (Music for Two )
Milan Grygar belongs to most important czech visual artist from 60s.
In April 2009 we introduced poster works of Milan Grygar on exhibition in cinema Svetozor in Prague with his personally attendance.
In August 2009 with cooperation of Czech centre in Tokyo exhibition of Miland Grygar posters took place in Japan. See more here
- Interview (in Czech language): Opening exhibition April 7th 2009
- Interview (in Czech language): Exhibition of paintings / Sklenar Gallery September 26th 2007
- Interview (in Czech language): Exhibition of paintings / Sklenar Gallery October 29th 2008
- Dušan Brozman: About posters Milan Grygar (text
- About work on my posters: Milan Grygar (text)